Saxon® 600 Denier Combo Turnout Blanket-300g Medium Warmth
For over 20 years Saxon® has provided quality sheets and blankets at a value price! Exclusive plaid designs are trimmed with coordinating binding to give your horse the look for less! Available in multiple styles so you can choose more than one color to represent the type or warmth of blanket taking the confusion out of trying to figure out which blanket to put on to keep your horse. Create your own blanket system!
· 600 Denier Rip Stop Nylon Outer Shell - Medium Material Strength- Recommended for daily turnout for horses with access to a shelter that do not bite, rub or pull on their blankets or group turnout with horses that do not bite, pull or rub on the other horse’s blankets.
· 300 Polyfill – Provides medium warmth and protection from wind and rain.
· 210 Denier Oxford Lining - Prevents rubbing and helps to keep the coat shiny while preventing hair, shavings, and straw from sticking to the inside of the blanket.
· Waterproof - Teflon® coated out shell with taped seams and seamless spine repels water to keep your horse dry.
· Breathable - Designed to allow moisture vapor to pass wick away from the horse and preventing sweating while retaining body heat and repelling outside coldness.
· Heavy Nylon Binding- Double sewn to secure material and provide additional durability.
· Reinforced Stress Points- Double Sewn with additional reinforcement to help prevent tears.
· Combo Neck Piece (Not Removable)- Integrated to the blanket with buckle closures and taped to provide the most complete coverage from head to tail.
· Open Front Double Buckle Closure - Velcro Secure with double buckle front straps featuring rust resistant stainless steel hardware.
· Low Cross Adjustable Surcingles with T-Lock Fasteners - Provide easy adjustability to ensure proper fit and easy on/off.
· Adjustable Web Leg Straps (Non Removable)– Web elastic construction to prevent stretching and helps to secure the blanket and prevent shifting from side to side.
· Tail Cover - Double stitched tail cover ensures tail flap stays securely in place.
· Name Tag - Included on the inside front left.
· Measuring Instructions - Stand your horse as square as possible, measure from the center of chest around side of the body to the point of the horse's rump just before the tail. If you horse ends up measuring between sizes always round up to the next size to ensure full coverage.
· Washing Instructions - Machine wash with cold water – Gentle cycle with mild detergent. Air Dry or Machine Dry/No Heat
· Horses Turned Outside without Shelter - Turnout Sheet and Blanket materials are waterproof and designed to keep your horse dry, however if your horse is turned out in a field without a run in shed or shelter during prolonged rain or heavy downpours your horse may still get wet especially in the neck and tail areas.
When using a blanket or sheet it is critical to monitor the fluctuating climate and temperatures even with a blanket that is waterproof and breathable. The wicking properties of a breathable blanket are designed to wick away normal body heat, when a blanket is too heavy the heat and moisture cannot be wicked away fast enough causing your horse to sweat. The temperature and the length of your horse’s coat will determine what weight of blanket you should use. For this reason, most people who choose to blanket horses have several articles of horse clothing that offer varying levels of warmth.