Tough-1 1200 Denier High Neck Turnout Blanket
- 1200 Denier Poly - Heavy Material Strength- Recommended for horses that may bite or chew on blanket or horses turned out with a companion or in groups. Material may tear or rip if caught on a nail, rough fencing or thorns from bushes.
- High Neck- Provides additional neck coverage.
- 300g Polyfill- Provides medium/heavy warmth and protection from wind and rain.
- 210 Denier Poly Lining - Prevents rubbing and helps to keep the coat shiny while preventing hair, shavings, and straw from sticking to the inside of the blanket.
- Waterproof - coated outer shell with taped seams and seamless spine repels water to keep your horse dry.
- Breathable - Designed to allow moisture vapor to pass wick away from the horse and preventing sweating while retaining body heat and repelling outside coldness.
- Heavy Nylon Binding - Double sewn to secure material and provide additional durability.
- Reinforced Stress Points - Double Sewn with additional reinforcement to help prevent tears.
- Fleece Wither - Helps provide protection from rubbing.
- Double Buckle Front Closure - Velcro Secure with double buckle front straps featuring rust resistant nickel hardware.
- Action Shoulder Gussets - Allow for freedom of movement and help to prevent shoulder rubbing.
- Low Cross Adjustable Surcingles with T-Lock Fasteners - Provide easy adjustability to ensure proper fit. Ensure to referance blanket fitting guide to ensure correct fit.
- Adjustable Elastic Leg Straps - Help to secure the blanket and prevent from shifting from side to side.
- Tail Cover -provides additional protection from moisture near tail bone.
- Measuring Instructions - Stand your horse as square as possible, measure from the center of chest around side of the body to the point of the horse's rump just before the tail. If you horse ends up measuring between sizes always round up to the next size to ensure full coverage.
- Washing Instructions - Machine wash with cold water – Gentle cycle with mild detergent. Air Dry or Machine Dry/No Heat
- Horses Turned Outside without Shelter - Turnout Sheet and Blanket materials are waterproof and designed to keep your horse dry, however if your horse is turned out in a field without a run in shed or shelter during prolonged rain or heavy downpours your horse may still get wet especially in the neck and tail areas.
When using a blanket or sheet it is critical to monitor the fluctuating climate and temperatures even with a blanket that is waterproof and breathable. The wicking properties of a breathable blanket are designed to wick away normal body heat, when a blanket is too heavy the heat and moisture cannot be wicked away fast enough causing your horse to sweat. The temperature and the length of your horse’s coat will determine what weight of blanket you should use. For this reason, most people who choose to blanket horses have several articles of horse clothing that offer varying levels of warmth.
When selecting a blanket ensure to take into account your horse’s behavior, environment or other horses that may be turned out with your horse. The lower the denier number the less strength the material has. 420 Denier and 600 Denier are not recommended for horses that bite, chew or rub on blankets or for horses turned out with a companion or in a group. Always ensure your horse’s blanket is properly fitted and all straps are adjusted correctly, if a blanket is too tight or too loose, straps may break and material may tear. For younger horses or horses turned out with a companion or in groups, it is recommended to purchase 1200 Denier or 1680 Denier material as these are stronger materials and are less likely to tear. Certain types of fencing such as barbwire or foreign objects such as nails will easily tear any blanket no matter what the denier, always inspect the area in which your horse is kept to remove any nails or jagged fencing that may cause damage. There are no horse blankets that are guaranteed to not rip or tear.