Tough-1 600 Denier Stable Blanket
Keep your horse warm and comfortable with this 600 Denier stable blanket. The snap front feature makes this blanket easy to put on with a contoured fit that will keep your horse warm.
- 600 denier outer shell - medium material strength-not recommended for horses that may bite or chew.
- 250g Polyfill- Provides medium/heavy warmth and protection from wind and rain.
- 210 Denier Poly Lining - Prevents rubbing and helps to keep the coat shiny while preventing hair, shavings, and straw from sticking to the inside of the blanket.
- Breathable - Designed to allow moisture vapor to pass wick away from the horse and preventing sweating while retaining body heat and repelling outside coldness.
- Heavy Nylon Binding - Double sewn to secure material and provide additional durability.
- Reinforced Stress Points - Double Sewn with additional reinforcement to help prevent tears.
- Contour Cut- Seamed back with countour hip.
- Double Buckle Clip Front Closure - Velcro Secure with double buckle clip front straps featuring rust resistant nickel hardware.
- Belly wrap with elastic straps
- Adjustable Elastic Leg Straps - Help to secure the blanket and prevent from shifting from side to side.
- Cutback Neck- Helps to fit wider horses with higher withers.
- Double Shoulder Gusset-Deep shoulder with extra gussets for comfort and secure fit
*This is a stable blanket and is not waterproof.
Measuring Instructions - Stand your horse as square as possible, measure from the center of chest around side of the body to the point of the horse's rump just before the tail. If you horse ends up measuring between sizes always round up to the next size to ensure full coverage.
Washing Instructions - Machine wash with cold water – Gentle cycle with mild detergent. Air Dry or Machine Dry/No Heat
Horses Turned Outside without Shelter - Turnout Sheet and Blanket materials are waterproof and designed to keep your horse dry, however if your horse is turned out in a field without a run in shed or shelter during prolonged rain or heavy downpours your horse may still get wet especially in the neck and tail areas.
When using a blanket or sheet it is critical to monitor the fluctuating climate and temperatures even with a blanket that is waterproof and breathable. The wicking properties of a breathable blanket are designed to wick away normal body heat, when a blanket is too heavy the heat and moisture cannot be wicked away fast enough causing your horse to sweat. The temperature and the length of your horse’s coat will determine what weight of blanket you should use. For this reason, most people who choose to blanket horses have several articles of horse clothing that offer varying levels of warmth.
When selecting a blanket ensure to take into account your horse’s behavior, environment or other horses that may be turned out with your horse. The lower the denier number the less strength the material has. 420 Denier and 600 Denier are not recommended for horses that bite, chew or rub on blankets or for horses turned out with a companion or in a group. Always ensure your horse’s blanket is properly fitted and all straps are adjusted correctly, if a blanket is too tight or too loose, straps may break and material may tear. For younger horses or horses turned out with a companion or in groups, it is recommended to purchase 1200 Denier or 1680 Denier material as these are stronger materials and are less likely to tear. Certain types of fencing such as barbwire or foreign objects such as nails will easily tear any blanket no matter what the denier, always inspect the area in which your horse is kept to remove any nails or jagged fencing that may cause damage. There are no horse blankets that are guaranteed to not rip or tear.